Catholic Schools Inspectorate inspection report for St John Fisher Catholic Primary SchoolCSI St John Fisher March 2023.pdf
It is a pleasure offer you the Catholic Schools Inspectorate Report from the inspection, which took place on the 23rd and 24th March 2023
The purpose of inspection was to report to on the quality of the Catholic life and mission of the school, of religious education and of collective worship. Inspectors observed learning and acts of worship, talked to staff and pupils, analyse data, and discussed emerging issues with the school’s leadership.
It is wonderful to see the inspectors highlighted the high quality learning of the children and the great efforts of all the staff.
A brief summary:
The report recognises and celebrates our ambition for our children. The Inspectors said,
- “Pupils are wonderful ambassadors for the school; they are happy, confident and feel secure.”
I am pleased that the schools' mission and purpose shone through the report.
- “Pupil behaviour in class and around the school is very good.”
- “The spiritual, emotional and physical well-being of all is given the highest priority”
- "Teachers place Christ at the heart of the curriculum”
The Inspectors reflected on our curriculum stating:
- “The innovative Caritas curriculum pervades all subjects as well as promoting an understanding of the unique person and supporting the spiritual and moral development of all."
The Inspectors also highlighted the great work all our adults do for the children we serve. They noted that we
- “strive to maintain a focus on improvement and on providing high quality experiences of learning in faith for all pupils”
- “move learning forward through effective questioning and the use of resources, and ensure pupils make progress in lessons.”